Also included in
- Are you looking for a complete, phonics-based reading intervention resource to boost your students who aren’t yet reading at grade level? This Phonics-Based Reading Intervention Bundle makes it easy (and fun!) to get your students up-to-speed with reading and spelling. This resource will also help yPrice $87.00Original Price $116.00Save $29.00
Do you have students who are struggling to master the alphabet and letter sounds? This Letters and Sounds Intervention Pack makes it easy (and fun!) to get your students up-to-speed with letter names and letter sounds! This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
Time to implement interventions is often limited, so this resource is:
- No-prep: just print and place student pages in binders, or staple packets together
- Flexible: you can decide how many activities to complete per day based upon how much time you have
- Structured and consistent: when students know what to expect, intervention time goes more quickly and smoothly
- Data-driven: an assessment is provided, so you can focus on the specific letters students need to work on
To begin using the Letters and Sounds Intervention Pack, you’ll print out the teacher manual pages or plan to access them digitally. Next, you’ll assess students’ letter knowledge (or use your existing assessment data) to determine what to work on. You’ll print the student pages for those letters and place them into binders with page protectors, or you’ll staple packets together for the students. The only other materials you’ll need are writing utensils, dice, and counters.
In each intervention session, you can choose how many total activities students complete (it’s easy to stop and resume practice another day). The teacher manual will tell you exactly what to do and say. For some of the activities, you can get students started and then attend to another task or provide individual support while the rest of the students continue working.
For each alphabet letter, students will practice:
- Saying the letter sound and naming pictures that begin with the letter
- Tracing the letter with a finger and eventually a writing utensil (multi-sensory work)
- Writing the target letter
- Identifying examples of the capital and lowercase version of the letter
- Identifying examples of words that begin with the target letter, in word lists and in sentences (incorporates print concepts like pointing 1:1 and tracking left-to-right)
- Identifying pictures that begin with the target sound
- Completing CVC words that begin with the target letter (incorporates blending practice, guided by the teacher)
In addition to these routines provided for each letter, after every few letters, you’ll find review activities: simple games and practice sheets that have students practice several letters at a time.
You can follow the order of the packet for a suggested sequence, or you can easily cover the letters out of order if you prefer (you’ll just need to make sure that when you play a review game, it does not include letters that students haven’t yet worked on).
Quick phonemic awareness drills (blending) are also included so that you can prepare students to work on CVC words, once they finish the alphabet pack. Phonemic awareness is an important part of helping students become successful readers!
Please download the FREE preview to see how easy it is to implement the Letters and Sounds Intervention Pack!
To check out my entire K-2 bundle for reading intervention, visit this page.