This whole class game requires students to practice the Realidades 1 Chapter 1B vocabulary in sentences. This zip file includes a powerpoint presentation and 1 sheet of printable response cards in both pdf and word doc formats.
I really like this game because:
* It is engaging and interactive for students - there is some competition involved and they have to stand up and read their card aloud to win a point!
* Each student is responsible for their own cards which I believe encourages more individual participation.
* It helps students use and understand the language in sentence form - recycling words from previous chapters
* It encourages the use of context clues to understand the message
* It is just plain fun! :)
To play this game:
* I divide my class into two or three teams, distributing one set of response cards (27 included here) amongst the students on each team.
* Each student usually ends up with 2-4 cards.
* I then use the powerpoint to reveal sentences that are missing a vocabulary word or phrase from the chapter.
* The student who has the response card that correctly completes the sentence must stand and call out the correct response in Spanish. The student wins a point by standing up faster than the other teams.
This is a game I use after introducing and practing the vocab a bit.
Most of the slides just include sentences because I want students to be able to understand the words rather than rely on an image to determine the correct answer. However, occasionally, I included an image to assist in understanding.