This product is a link to my Haiku site with my complete Level 4 Social Studies Modified curriculum. I am the student services teacher at a PS3 school, which is a proficiency-based program. The general education teachers created a proficiency-based curriculum based on common core standards and Bloom’s Taxonomy. I adapted their curricula to be more appropriate for the IEP population. It covers the same topics as the regular education curriculum but the material and content is adapted for students who are not working at grade level. Level 4 is based on fourth grade level subject standards but different levels can be assigned to students based on their developmental needs. Please see all of my social studies and science curricula posted on teacherspayteachers!
• Proficiency-based learning
• Aligned with Bloom’s Taxonomy (remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating, and creating)
• Aligned with Common Core Standards
• Modified for students with unique learning needs
• Incorporates videos, interactive websites, and developmentally appropriate articles material for students with learning disabilities.
• Clearly organized with directions, weblinks, and file attachments
• Includes complete gradebooks
• Continuously updated
• Highly visual!
Additional Resources not included:
• Brainpop and Brainpop Jr. account (https://secure.brainpop.com/store/step1/)
• Flocabulary account (http://www.flocabulary.com/plans/)
• Relevant IPad apps (optional)
• Bill Nye the Science Guy comprehension packets (http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Star-Materials)
- Bill Nye episodes are included! Complete episodes are embedded through youtube channel.
I have used this curriculum for a year and my IEP students have found the activities extremely engaging and informative. I am continuing to update the site as I find more resources. I would highly recommend this to any teacher looking for a proficiency-based program that reaches students working below grade level.
Level 4 LA/SS Modified Curriculum
• Module A: Oregon
• Module B: Poems
• Module C: Oregon Industries
Weblink: weblink will appear here when purchased.