Part 1 Directions:
1. Make sure you have a set of playing cards.
2. I would start by practicing the questions with them by you asking questions and they answer. You might have to model how to answer questions (in full sentences if you wish – I expect my Level 6 to anwer in full sentences). Each question is assigned to the type of card – hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades. They can ask ONE of any question assigned to the card suit they draw.
3. Practice until you think they can move to the next step – asking the questions. Practice with them asking students questions and students answering as already practiced.
Part 2 Directions:
1. Once you think they are ready, divide into groups of your choice (I do groups of 4). Make sure each group has a deck of cards.
2. They can take turns drawing cards and asking someone in their group a question. Monitor their work and if you wish, have some incentive for groups doing their best to ask the full question and answer in full sentences.
This activity can be split into two classes if you have short class time for French.