Little Lotus Reading Comprehension and Fluency Passages with Questions
LEVEL A - SET 4
Guided Reading for Reading Comprehension and Fluency!
Passages with Questions for Beginner Readers, Pre-reading, Kindergarten, and Level A
1. 10 Reading Passages with a focus on high frequency and Sight Words.
2. 3-4 Simple Comprehension Questions
3. 3 Cover Options (if you want to make a booklet or reading journal)
Each Reading Passage includes:
⟶ Four Simple Sentences (4 to 5 words, predictable text)
⟶ Picture Support for vocabulary and give contextual clues.
⟶ Fluency Stars: Color a star each time you read. Then move onto the questions.
⟶ Simple comprehension questions
⟶ Layout that is Easy to read, understand, and follow.
⟶ Repetitive sentence formats and layout to build reading independence and confidence!
2 types of multiple-choice comprehension questions:
⟶ Circle the answer: Students circle the correct answer
⟶ Circle YES or NO
Make a Sentence comprehension questions:
⟶ Make a connection: Finish the Sentence.
To build stronger comprehension, students will "make a connection" from what they read (relevant to the theme of the text) to come up with their answer.
For lower level students, they can copy a sentence from the story/text.
1. WHO IS SHE? WHO IS HE? – (She/He is a (occupation)
2. MY TOY MOVES – (My toy + verb)
3. OCEAN ANIMALS (I see a + noun)
4. IN THE BURGER ( Noun + is in the burger)
5. AT THE POND (We find a + noun)
6. WASH AND DRY
7. POLLY PENGUIN
8. IN THE POOL (I + noun + in the pool)
9. SHE SAW ORANGE (she saw an orange + noun)
10. IT IS COLD
* Group or Individual Work
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* One-on-One Practice
* Pre Reading
* Upper Level Preschool
* Beginner and Struggling Readers
* Kindergarten and First Grade
Please Look at the Preview for DETAILS!
Thank you and Blessings!