Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Little Lotus Reading Comprehension and Fluency Passages with Questions
LEVEL A - THANKSGIVING
Guided Reading for Reading Comprehension and Fluency!
Passages with Questions for Beginner Readers, Pre-reading, Kindergarten, and Level A
turkey, pilgrim, girl, Native American, boy, turkey, potatoes, help, grows, carve, bake, sit, eat, like, Mom, Dad, Grandpa, family, home, thank, friend, share
1. 10 Reading Passages with a focus on high frequency and Sight Words.
2. 3-4 Simple Comprehension Questions
2. 3 Cover Options (if you want to make a booklet or reading journal)
Each Reading Passage includes:
⟶ Four Simple Sentences (4 to 5 words, predictable text)
⟶ Picture Support for vocabulary and give contextual clues.
⟶ Fluency Stars: Color a star each time you read. Then move onto the questions.
⟶ Simple comprehension questions
⟶ Layout that is Easy to read, understand, and follow.
⟶ Repetitive sentence formats and layout to build reading independence and confidence!
2 types of multiple-choice comprehension questions:
⟶ Circle the answer: Students circle the correct answer
⟶ Circle YES or NO
Make a Sentence comprehension questions:
⟶ Make a connection: Finish the Sentence.
To build stronger comprehension, students will "make a connection" from what they read (relevant to the theme of the text) to come up with their answer.
For lower level students, they can copy a sentence from the story/text.
- Who am I? (noun)
- Thanksgiving day (We can + verb)
- On the table (I see + noun)
- I like pie (I like ___ pie)
- Thanksgiving help (I help + person + verb)
- In his garden (He grows + vegetable)
- Brown ( The ______ is brown)
- What do they wear (He/she wears ____)
- With friends (We ____ with friends)
- Thank you (Thank you for _________)
* Group or Individual Work
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* One-on-One Practice
* Pre Reading
* Upper Level Preschool
* Beginner and Struggling Readers
* Kindergarten and First Grade
Please Look at the Preview for DETAILS!
Thank you and Blessings!