Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Little Lotus Reading Comprehension and Fluency Passages with Questions
LEVEL D - SET 1
Guided Reading for Reading Comprehension and Fluency!
Passages with Questions for Beginner Readers, Pre-reading, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Level D
- 10 Reading Passages with Comprehension Questions
- At level D, passages are in a single block format (no more chunking of sentences) and students continue to read simple stories (building upon level C) that have more detail and variety of sentence structure, as well as information texts.
- Passages are 4 sentences plus, and higher level words/vocabulary is introduced.
- Each with 3 Variations of Comprehension Questions (Great for those who need differentiation)
- 3 Cover Options (if you want to make a booklet or reading journal)
Each Reading Passage includes:
⟶ Simple Sentences
⟶ Picture Support for vocabulary and give contextual clues.
⟶ Fluency Stars: Color a star each time you read. Then move onto the questions.
⟶ Simple comprehension questions
⟶ Layout that is Easy to read, understand, and follow.
⟶ Phrase and sentence formats for easy reading
⟶ Logical Layout that builds reading independence and confidence!
Level D Markers
Your child reads independently, or on his/her own, at a level D. Readers at a level D are able to read simple fiction stories, fantasy stories and simple informational (nonfiction) texts. They can follow print with their eyes and rarely point to the words in the book. Students will notice different sentence structures and types of punctuation. Students can read many unknown words by using what they know about letters and the sounds they make, to sound out unknown words.
Each Passage comes with 3 Question Variations
⟶ Write the Answer: Primary Lines
⟶ Write the Answer: Standard Lines
⟶ Multiple Choice
1. Rock and Rosy
3. Kit the Mom Cat (taking care of kittens)
4. Farm Cats (help farmers)
5. My Twin Gina (identical twins)
6. My Twin Joe (non identical twins)
7. The Bad Picnic
8. A big Family (numbers)
9. Free Monkey
10. Name Baby Kangaroo
* Group or Individual Work
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* One-on-One Practice
* Pre Reading
* Upper Level Preschool
* Beginner and Struggling Readers
* Kindergarten and First Grade
* Leveled Reading
Please Look at the Preview for DETAILS!