Written by Asia Citro,
Illustrated by Marion Lindsay
The story, the first in a new series, is about a little girl, Zoey, her cat, Sassafras and their adventures with a magical baby dragon that comes to their barn for help. Zoey has to figure out how to make the baby dragon healthy. This novel is jam-packed with science concepts presented in a kid friendly and meaningful context.
Zoey and Sassafras Dragons and Marshmallows is a level M
book and is perfect for your third graders.
There are 16 chapters. Each lesson covers two chapters (about 10 pages).
The procedure for the lessons is:
• Before Reading
– review the previous lesson and preview the new chapters
- talk about the words to make sure the students can decode them and that they have a general understanding of the meaning of the word in context. A vocabulary sheet is included with each lesson. Vocabulary cards are included for display, so every student can see the word being discussed.
• Purpose for reading
– read to find out….
• During Reading
- Students read silently. Teacher listens in on students whisper reading to help with decoding if necessary.
• After Reading
– Suggested story discussion questions.
– A writing response sheet is included with each lesson.
Comprehension skills included are:
Extra worksheets are included for fun extensions.
To see the book click here
Thank you for visiting The Fun Factory. Please follow us
by clicking the star above to receive notices of new products.
If you find this product useful, please rate it and leave positive feedback to receive TpT credits.
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at email@example.com
Visit our blog at The Fun Factory Blog.
Like us on Facebook at The Fun Factory on Facebook