How to use this packet:
1. After reading passage 1 through carefully for the first time, students should focus on correcting the deliberate mistakes (missing capital letters and other poor or missing punctuation, words omitted, poor grammar, incorrect tenses, some basic spelling errors etc.). There are different alternatives but an example of the corrected passage (2) is provided.
2. Once this has been done, students should be encouraged rewrite the text focusing on improving the:
- Vocabulary (wow words, adverbs, powerful verbs, improving the nouns etc. )
- Sentence Openers (-ing, -ly, connective openers etc.)
An example of the passage improved (3) is also provided and could be compared to the student’s efforts.
3. Follow up Ideas: students could be asked to continue the passage; to write their own setting descriptions or draw the setting described and compare this with a partner. Pages included for each of these activities.
Please leave feedback on this product. Enjoy!