DIfferentiate your math minutes!
Each math minute strip comes with 30 facts. With a recall of 3 seconds, you will time your students for 1.5 minutes. If they succeed (I say at least 25/30) they move on to the next level.
* There are 25 Addition levels (up to 9+9)- strategies like counting on, make 10, doubles and near etc.
* 21 Subtraction levels (18-_)
* 15 Multiplication levels (of up to x9)
- cut each page into strips (I file them into a small container with dividers).
- handout level 1 addition to each kid facedown, on 'GO' time for 1.5 minutes. When time is up kids flip over
- When you have time or a volunteer mark each strip. If they get a score of 25 or higher I put a happy face on the bottom letting them know they move on, I then grab the next level and write their name on it for next time. If they score lower than 25 they remain at the same level.
- once they master all 25 addition they will move to subraction, then multiplication.