cation + learning has created this thoughtful, easy-to-grade, 1-page quiz to accompany an introduction to covalent bonding, and Lewis structures.
(Just because it's easy-to-grade, doesn't mean it's an easy quiz for your students!)
1. enumerating valence electrons for an atom of an element
2. Lewis dot symbols
3. duet/octet rules
4. drawing Lewis structures, including exceptions and multiple bonds
5. calculating formal charge on an atom in a molecule
6. covalent bonding basics
This quiz has three different types of problems: (1) true/false, (2) matching, and (3) multiple choice.
In this download:
1. 10-question quiz with Lewis structure outlines
2. (the same) 10-question quiz without Lewis structure outlines
This quiz is similar to Version 2.
Key Words: Lewis structures, octet rule, duet rule, covalent bonding
cation + learning's teaching materials and assessments are thoughtful and focused. All materials were written for (and are currently used) in my high school chemistry classroom; however, many concepts are cross-curricular and may be useful in other science classes and grade levels.
Thank you for viewing (and hopefully purchasing!) cation + learning’s teaching materials and assessments.
Spot a typo or want to change something minor? Contact me! I'm all about making my teaching materials and assessments the best!