cation + learning has created these thoughtful, easy-to-grade, 1-page quizzes to accompany an introduction to covalent bonding, and Lewis structures.
(Just because it's easy-to-grade, doesn't mean it's an easy quiz for your students!)
1. enumerating valence electrons for an atom of an element
2. Lewis dot symbols
3. duet/octet rules
4. drawing Lewis structures, including exceptions (Versions 1 and 2, only) and multiple bonds
5. calculating formal charge on an atom in a molecule (Versions 1 and 2, only)
6. covalent bonding basics
In this download:
1. 4-10 question quizzes with Lewis structure outlines
2. (the same) 4- 10 question quizzes without Lewis structure outlines
These quizzes are available individually too - see TPT store.
Key Words: Lewis structures, valence electrons
cation + learning's teaching materials and assessments are thoughtful and focused. All materials were written for (and are currently used) in my high school chemistry classroom; however, many concepts are cross-curricular and may be useful in other science classes and grade levels.
Thank you for viewing (and hopefully purchasing!) cation + learning’s teaching materials and assessments.
Spot a typo or want to change something minor? Contact me! I'm all about making my teaching materials and assessments the best!