Everything you need to teach Lewis Structures as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, a student lesson handout, an interactive game of Lewis War! and a separate worksheet. The PowerPoint is interactive, engaging, and to the point.
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my PowerPoint lesson is structured, and evaluate my work.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Student Lesson Handout
- Student Worksheet
- Lewis War! activity
- An overview of valence electrons
- The rules for drawing Lewis structures
- Lewis Structure shortcuts
- "Great resource! Easy to understand and follow. "
- "I'm new to teaching science and the book is far too difficult for the students. This was a great supplement to understanding valence electrons and Lewis dot structure."
- A quick way to make sure that I was prepared to teach the lessons I needed to keep my students on track. The notes aligned well with the powerpoint and there was also a student version of the powerpoint.
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson have helped and you would like download the entire chemistry unit at a steep discount please click on the link below.
The individual Chemistry Lessons can be accessed below.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.