Lewis Symbols & Valence Electrons
Students will be able to…
• Draw Lewis Symbols for elements #1-20, #31-36 by looking at the Periodic Table.
• Determine the number of valence electrons for various elements and groups on the Periodic Table.
• Draw the electrons configuration for an element, determine that same element’s number of valence electrons, and draw the Lewis Symbol for that same element.
• Lewis Symbols & Valence Electrons WS
• Lewis Symbols & Valence Electrons WS – KEY
• Valence Electron & Lewis Symbol Quiz – Versions A, B, C, & D
• Valence Electron & Lewis Symbol Quiz – Versions A, B, C, & D – KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Materials:
(These items are not included in the purchase.)
• Periodic Table per student
• Students should draw the Lewis Symbols for elements #1-20, #31-36 on the Periodic Table chart. Students should then answer the questions on the back of the WS.
• Students may use a folder, interactive notebook, foldable, or another organizational method to keep different types of Periodic Tables each year. The Lewis Symbol chart can be used as one of these unique Periodic Tables.
• At the beginning or end of each class, review valence electrons using a pointer and large Periodic Table. Teacher points to various groups and asks the class as a whole to respond with how many valence electrons are in each group.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Periodic Table Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Periodic Table Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website