1. The Sacagawea Story and Quiz
Plus activity sheets and video links.
To be able to explain about who Sacagawea was.
This works brilliantly for expanding vocabulary and creative thinking skills.
15 questions within 30 slides; excellent pictures and sources to engage and motivate pupils study. Includes documentary video link for Lewis and Clark.
This is an excellent activity/game/plenary to further improve student’s work and knowledge.
I split the class into two teams (in one class I have girls against boys but in another class I have just divided the room down the middle) and when we play the game each side decides on a volunteer to come to the front, facing the class so they can’t see the board (one team at a time).
A word is shown on the IWB and each time the word is answered correctly I display another.
This works really well but it is important to set some ground rules such as not using words that rhyme with the word on display. I’ve yet to come across a class who doesn’t like the concept.
Works brilliantly in pairs also - 1 student turns their back to the IWB.
Student sits at front with back to board. Words are displayed behind him/her. Rest of class has to describe word to student - see how many he/she gets in 1 min. Can be reversed so that student can see the words and has to describe them to the class.
3. Lewis and Clarke Word Search
4. Sacagawea Word Search
6. Lewis and Clarke Maze Puzzle
7. Sacagawea Handout
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of any future purchases. I value your feedback as it helps me plan which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store. Thank you and enjoy using the product!