Travel with Lewis and Clark for three-days of online and independent lessons. This colorful, Digital Interactive Notebook guides them through five tasks that incorporate interactive web-based learning.
In the download you will receive:
- PDF Teacher Guide
- Link to download the Google Slides Interactive Notebook for students
- The original PowerPoint of the Notebook to make your own edits and to insert into other classroom learning applications such as Blackboard or Adobe Virtual Classroom.
Students will learn:
- Activity 1: Interactive Timeline Map--Students visit an interactive timeline map and take notes in their digital notebook.
- Activity 2: Supply List--Students inspect original documents showing Lewis' supply list of equipment, supplies, and gifts for American Indians. Then, they write their own supply list on parchment in their digital notebook.
- Activity 3: People of the Corps--Now that students know the general outline of the Lewis and Clark journey, they choose two people to research further. They write a summary of these two people in their digital notebook.
- Activity 4: Original Map Scavenger Hunt--Students visit an interactive original map and can zoom in on the details. They participate in an online scavenger hunt with scaffolded difficult intended to integrate their journey learning with the geography of the trail itself. Then, they return to their notebook to find three categories of items.
- Activity 5: Timeline Cards--Students visit an interactive card game where they learn more details leading up to and through the journey. They can see rich original documents and items. They place the cards in order and then return to their journal to put the same pictures in order.
Make sure to follow me for updates about new digital products coming out every few days!