Lewis and Clark Expedition Activity and Map | Westward Expansion Activities
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social Studies Class will be your students' favorite time of the day with this popular, engaging bundle of activities, including foldables, timelines, mini books, bulletin boards, and more! The hands-on units in this bundle will help your students learn and understand the events and concepts of AmerPrice $59.95Original Price $79.00Save $19.05
Your students will learn all about the Lewis and Clark Expedition with this fun, interactive packet. The hands-on approach to learning, including a map activity, notebook foldables, bulletin board, and more, will help your students learn and understand all about Lewis and Clark and their famous expedition!
Click the PREVIEW button above to get a better look at everything included!
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 15 Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units in one Year-Long Bundle.
This resource includes both a printable version AND a digital version. The digital version is on Google Slides and is perfect for distance learning, independent work, centers, and more!
This high-interest, engaging packet has 5 components:
- Map it Out: Students identify main locations on Lewis and Clark Trail on this foldable map.
- Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable foldables for each of the major events can be used for student note-taking and learning the chronology of the events.
- Information Guide: This printable is helpful for student note-taking and for use throughout the unit.
- Letter-Writing Activity: Students can write a letter home from the perspective of an expedition member.
- Bulletin Board: Create a fun, engaging bulletin board with 12 true or false statements about the Lewis and Clark expedition.
The interactive notebook includes these events from the Lewis and Clark Expedition:
- Congress Approves Expedition
- Lewis Begins Training
- Louisiana Purchase Announced
- Lewis Recruits Clark
- Camp Wood
- The Journey Begins
- Sergeant Floyd Dies
- The Great Plains
- Crew Meets Sacagawea
- Fort Mandan
- Sacagawea's Son is Born
- Great Falls of the Missouri
- Bitterroot Range Crossing
- The Nez Perce
- The Continental Divide
- Sacagawea Finds her Brother
- The Columbia River
- The Pacific Ocean
If you only want to cover part of these events, it is very simple to adjust the packet's contents to suit your own needs!
This resource also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go!
You may also be interested in these other Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Colonial America - Jobs and Trades
The Civil War - Events Leading to the War
Elections and the Voting Process
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,