Lewis and Clark are out to discover the West - and you can go along with them! Give your students a colorful, in-depth look at the adventures of Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery as they traveled through new lands, encountered new wildlife, met Native Americans who could be dangerous or friendly, and encountered hardships they never imagined. You can also introduce students to the daily lives of the five Indian tribes with whom Lewis and Clark dealt. This unit includes two separate slide shows, a wealth of information, and a chance to be creative in journal writing, map illustration, and model building. The 94 pages in this unit cover:
• a 13-page script and 33-page slide show on Lewis and Clark with over 175 bulleted details and four “Choose Your Own Adventure” journaling opportunities
• a 10-page script and 25-page slide show on five Native American tribes with over 100 bulleted details and a chance to write a journal entry about a tribe’s daily life and its encounter with Lewis and Clark
• journal writing templates for students to write creative I-was-there descriptions as a member of the Corps of Discovery and/or a member of an Indian Tribe meeting Lewis and Clark
• a student handout to remind them what facts to include in each of their journal entries
• a blank map students can decorate, showing pictures and symbols of their Indian tribe
• a student assignment for creating a three-dimensional model of their tribes home
All documents are uploaded as PDFs. Slide shows are available as both Apple Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint.