Are you a long time Liberty's Kids user?
Have you been using Liberty's Kids to spice up your social studies and American history curriculum for years? Give a new and fresh, student-facing look to your curriculum with this brand new bundle!
Are you new to the Liberty's Kids series?
This is an amazing collection of animated episodes that capture students' interest and teaches them American History at the same time. There are 40 episodes that are about 20 minutes each and when used with these movie guides is a perfect match for a single class period. Best of all the episodes themselves can be streamed for FREE on YouTube. This series comprehensively covers the time period of the American Revolution and history changing documents like Common Sense, The Declaration of Independence and The US Constitution. Get a personal look at all the historically relevant characters during this time as well, such as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Lafayette and James Armistead.
Each movie guide encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisions that characters make, predict their outcomes and also imagining what they would have done if they were in their shoes.
Note: The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
The entire season 1 (40 episodes) can currently be found on YouTube. For example on the LibertysKidsTV channel, however, this is not my channel and this link may or may not be available in the future.
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit to see almost 2,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★ average.
This bundled movie guide .zip file includes the following episodes:
(E01) The Boston Tea Party - FREE! Try before you buy!
(E02) Intolerable Acts
(E03) United We Stand
(E04) Liberty or Death
(E05) Midnight Ride
(E06) The Shot Heard Round the World
(E07) Green Mountain Boys
(E08) The Second Continental Congress
(E09) Bunker Hill
(E10) Postmaster General Franklin
(E11) Washington Takes Command
(E12) Common Sense
(E13) The First Fourth of July
(E14) New York, New York
(E15) The Turtle
(E16) One Life to Lose
(E17) Captain Molly
(E18) American Crisis
(E19) Crossing the Delaware
(E20) American in Paris
(E21) Sybil Ludington
(E22) Lafayette Arrives
(E23) The Hessians are Coming
(E24) Valley Forge
(E25) Allies at Last
(E26) Honor and Compromise
(E27) The New Frontier
(E28) Not Yet Begun to Fight
(E29) The Great Galvez
(E30) In Praise of Ben
(E32) Benedict Arnold
(E33) Conflict in the South
(E34) Deborah Samson Soldier of the Revolution
(E35) James Armistead
(E37) Born Free and Equal
(E38) The Man Who Wouldn't be King
(E39) Going Home
(E40) We the People
- To see sample questions from each episode please view their individual product pages : )
- These episodes each consist of 7 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
- The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included. The entire season 1 (40 episodes) can currently be found on YouTube. For example on the LibertysKidsTV channel, however, this is not my channel and this link may or may not be available in the future.
Check out the Liberty's Kids entire series below:
SAVE 60% with the complete 40 Episode Bundle!
Episodes 01 - 40 SAVE 60%
SAVE 25% with 5 Episode Bundles
Episodes 01 - 05 SAVE 25%
Episodes 06 - 10 SAVE 25%
Episodes 11 - 15 SAVE 25%
Episodes 16 - 20 SAVE 25%
Episodes 21 - 25 SAVE 25%
Episodes 26 - 30 SAVE 25%
Episodes 31 - 35 SAVE 25%
Episodes 36 - 40 SAVE 25%
SAVE 30% with 10 Episode Bundles
Episodes 01 - 10 SAVE 30%
Episodes 11 - 20 SAVE 30%
Episodes 21 - 30 SAVE 30%
Episodes 31 - 40 SAVE 30%
SAVE 40% with 20 Episode Bundles
Episodes 01 - 20 SAVE 40%
Episodes 21 - 40 SAVE 40%
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 30 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order: