Liberty's Kids | BUNDLE - Episodes 21 - 25 Movie Guide | Worksheet
- Google Apps™
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- This Liberty's Kids - BUNDLE - Episodes 21-30 Movie Guide | Worksheet encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisionsPrice $6.19Original Price $9.90Save $3.71
- This Liberty's Kids - BUNDLE - Episodes 21 - 40 Movie Guide | Worksheet encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisioPrice $11.49Original Price $19.80Save $8.31
- Are you a long time Liberty's Kids user?Have you been using Liberty's Kids to spice up your social studies and American history curriculum for years? Give a new and fresh, student-facing look to your curriculum with this brand new bundle! Are you new to the Liberty's Kids series? This is an amazingPrice $19.39Original Price $38.61Save $19.22
This Liberty's Kids | BUNDLE - Episodes 21 - 25 Movie Guide | Worksheet encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisions that characters make, predict their outcomes and imagine what they would have done if they were in their shoes, all within the historical context of each episode.
This bundled movie guide includes the listed products plus an additional .zip bonus file which includes:
- A student movie guide, all-in-one PDF print version (11 pages)
- A student movie guide, all-in-one PDF digital fillable form version (11 pages)
- An answer key, all-in-one PDF (11 pages)
Note: The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
The entire season 1 (40 episodes) can currently be found on YouTube. For example on the LibertysKidsTV channel, however, this is not my channel and this link may or may not be available in the future.
Each bundled single episode includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (3 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (3 pages)
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key PDF (3 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF 1 page (see also preview image)
- Alignment includes Anchor Standards, Grade 5 ELA, & Grades 6-8 History/Social Studies.
- I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading & history/social studies standards below with consuming content, story and plot elements via watching film. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform similar cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Form
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student's individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 30 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital PDF Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
SAVE 60% with the complete 40 Episode Bundle!
(E01) The Boston Tea Party - FREE! Try before you buy!
(E06) The Shot Heard Round the World
(E08) The Second Continental Congress
(E10) Postmaster General Franklin
(E11) Washington Takes Command
(E13) The First Fourth of July
(E34) Deborah Samson Soldier of the Revolution
(E38) The Man Who Wouldn't be King
SAVE 25% with 5 Episode Bundles
SAVE 30% with 10 Episode Bundles
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE