This Liberty's Kids - The Boston Tea Party (E01) - Movie Guide | Worksheet encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisions that characters make, predict their outcomes and also imagining what they would have done if they were in their shoes.
Note: The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
The entire season 1 (40 episodes) can currently be found on YouTube. For example on the LibertysKidsTV channel, however, this is not my channel and this link may or may not be available in the future.
Check out the Liberty's Kids entire series below:
SAVE 60% with the complete 40 Episode Bundle!
Episodes 01 - 40 SAVE 60%
(E01) The Boston Tea Party - FREE! Try before you buy!
(E02) Intolerable Acts
(E03) United We Stand
(E04) Liberty or Death
(E05) Midnight Ride
(E06) The Shot Heard Round the World
(E07) Green Mountain Boys
(E08) The Second Continental Congress
(E09) Bunker Hill
(E10) Postmaster General Franklin
(E11) Washington Takes Command
(E12) Common Sense
(E13) The First Fourth of July
(E14) New York, New York
(E15) The Turtle
(E16) One Life to Lose
(E17) Captain Molly
(E18) American Crisis
(E19) Crossing the Delaware
(E20) American in Paris
(E21) Sybil Ludington
(E22) Lafayette Arrives
(E23) The Hessians are Coming
(E24) Valley Forge
(E25) Allies at Last
(E26) Honor and Compromise
(E27) The New Frontier
(E28) Not Yet Begun to Fight
(E29) The Great Galvez
(E30) In Praise of Ben
(E32) Benedict Arnold
(E33) Conflict in the South
(E34) Deborah Samson Soldier of the Revolution
(E35) James Armistead
(E37) Born Free and Equal
(E38) The Man Who Wouldn't be King
(E39) Going Home
(E40) We the People
SAVE 25% with 5 Episode Bundles
Episodes 01 - 05 SAVE 25%
Episodes 06 - 10 SAVE 25%
Episodes 11 - 15 SAVE 25%
Episodes 16 - 20 SAVE 25%
Episodes 21 - 25 SAVE 25%
Episodes 26 - 30 SAVE 25%
Episodes 31 - 35 SAVE 25%
Episodes 36 - 40 SAVE 25%
SAVE 30% with 10 Episode Bundles
Episodes 01 - 10 SAVE 30%
Episodes 11 - 20 SAVE 30%
Episodes 21 - 30 SAVE 30%
Episodes 31 - 40 SAVE 30%
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 7 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer friendly version (3 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (3 pages)
- An answer key (3 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 30 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order: