This BOOM™ Card deck is perfect for Back to School in the Library! This is a review of student behavior and library book care. It is not meant as an isolated teaching tool, but to complement library behavior lessons at the beginning of the year.
: Grades 1-3
YES, every card includes read-aloud audio.
- teacher BOOM™ Learning account (see "Using Your BOOM™ Cards" section below for more details)
- student BOOM™ accounts (teachers create student logins within their BOOM™ Learning Classroom)
- internet connection
- To play the Boom™ deck, students will need a computer, tablet, smartboard, or Boom™ Cards phone app
- Students should have some knowledge of keeping library books safe from pets, food, liquids, art supplies, etc.
- Students should have some knowledge of appropriate library behavior.
- Blue cards: “In the library we should…” –Students click a green check or red X to indicate if the pictured behavior is appropriate in the library.
- Purple cards: “Which one is safer?” Students click the picture with the safer behavior. All pictures are school- and library-related.
- Green cards: Students drag pictures to a blue square (will not hurt a library book) or a pink square (may hurt a library book). Three pictures per card. Examples include: dog, glue, backpack, boy reading, teddy bear, cat…
- Yellow cards: “Is this okay in the library?”—Students click a thumbs-up or thumbs-down to indicate if the behavior is appropriate in the library. Examples include sleeping, reading, talking quietly.
- 24 cards total (not editable)
- all cards include audio
- 100% self-grading
- colorful summer-themed illustrations on every slide
- easy-to-read print fonts
- If you purchase this product, you will receive a PDF that includes a link to the BOOM™ cards.
- You will need a BOOM™ Learning account to use this product. BOOM™ Learning has a free basic account and free 30-day trial premium accounts for teachers. The annual premium subscriptions are priced reasonably for individuals or schools. If you want to be able to download reports (used for grading student work), you will need a paid account.
Students can see if their answer is correct or incorrect immediately after they answer.
If you choose grade the deck, BOOM™ will grade them for you (reports are available in paid accounts only).
To use BOOM™ Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store.
and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.