Track and manage student learning at library centers with these print-and-fold tracking booklets and learning badges for students to earn as they practice and/or master an information literacy skill! During each library class, students earn a "stamp" in their booklet when they choose a library center. Additionally, if a section or project is completed, then students receive a larger badge to show their learning.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW and get a FREE teacher checklist for easy center tracking and data collection. Also, you can purchase the badges and stickers separately
if you already have your own center management system.
The product zip file includes:
◉ 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade tracking booklets in 3 versions (Current student, Move-in student, and Blank) and 4 cover colors each
All booklets are editable in Microsoft Publisher, and the blank version is also available in easy-to-print PDF file format.
◉ Printable learning badge stickers for Avery 2-inch round labels or regular sticker paper **Requests for new badge designs are welcome!**
→ 7 different blank badges to customize yourself
→ Welcome to the Library (Library Orientation)
→ Digital Citizen (2)
→ Library Helper
→ Library on Your Device
→ Research Specialist (General Research Skills)
→ Research Reporter
→ Question Investigator
→ Ladybug Field Expert
→ Bird Field Expert
→ Power Reader (General Reading Promotion)
→ Book Reviewer
→ Reading Olympian
→ Creation Maker (General Creation, Makerspace, and Technology)
→ Circuit Builder
→ Code Programmer
→ littleBits (TM) Pro
→ Problem Solver
→ Novice Engineer
→ Video Editor
◉ Clipart of all badges in PNG and JPG file formats to edit
◉ FREE teacher checklist in the preview to track which centers students are visiting and make sure students aren't visiting the same center over and over.
Possible ways to use this product:
- To remind students of behavior expectations and acclimate new students to the library centers model. Expectations are on page 1 of each booklet.
- To give students a preview of the center choices they will have throughout the year and to encourage motivation
- To visually show students what they are learning and have learned throughout the school year.
- To record each student's center choice each week when used in conjunction with a checklist in Google Sheet or Excel spreadsheet (available FREE in the preview). This data can show you and administrators if students are visiting the same center over and over or exploring new learning experiences.
- The spreadsheet checklist can also help you assess students' learning and make sure that each student gets the same learning opportunities.
- To communicate and advocate the library curriculum and program to parents. Each of the 3 learning sections, or modules, explains what skills students have learned, and the back page can link to your library website and/or social media.
If you like what you see here, click the "Follow Me" button near the top of the page to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like my other library centers products:
Book Review and App Review Writing Centers
Ladybug Terrarium Observation & Research Center
Makerspace Starter: littleBits (TM) Centers
Makerspace Starter: GoldieBlox (TM) Centers