An escape room activity is a challenge that allows kids or young adults to work together solving a variety of puzzles. After each puzzle is solved, they get a special code.
This has been created for an Australian Primary School Library but could be adapted for other nation libraries as well.
Please check the preview file (specifically the teacher answer key) to see whether or not you have these resources/ book titles in your library before purchasing :)
If you like this product you may also like:
Here are two options on how to run the Escape room:
Option #1: Scavenger Hunt style
OVERVIEW: Set up your classroom or work area as a scavenger hunt. Students will work together in a small group to answer challenges and find the clues located around the room.
1. Print the challenges/puzzles, cut out the pieces.
2. Keep the Introduction, starter card and student worksheet to give out to students right away.
3. Hide all other envelopes in designated area around the room. If you do not have access to a certain object (such as a book carousel), you can use a printed image of that object and hide the envelope there.
Option #2: Groups at Centers
OVERVIEW: Have students work at centers set up around the room with challenges. You will need to give students 5-10 minutes for each challenge and have students move to the next center when time is up. When students complete a challenge at a center, they should raise their hand to show you the answer and you will give them the special code. When all challenges are complete, you will give a group the final special code.
1. Print the challenges/puzzles , cut out the pieces.
2. Arrange/choose your groups of students.
3. Arrange each challenge at a different station around the room. It is important to remove the half-sheets that give the answers! These will be given to a group only when they show you they have solved a puzzle.
4. Keep the Introduction and student worksheet to give out to students right away.
5. Choose how much time you will give each at each center. This might depend on your class or session time.
6. Be prepared to disassemble puzzles before moving on to the next center.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Beside each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button. On your "My Purchases" page, you will see a list of products you have purchased and a link to provide feedback. Remember, you earn TPT credits to use to purchase other products. These credits are just like cash! So please leave a feedback review, it would be much appreciated :)
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under Mrs W-L.
Copyright © 2019 Mrs W-L. All rights reserved.
This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy.