Library Genre Shelf Labels - 31 Editable Genre Labels - Mostly Fiction Genres
Not Grade Specific
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
Exactly what I was looking for. Helped me quickly and clearly label the genres in my classroom. Thanks for this resource.
Also included in
- This Back to School Librarian Bundle is made especially for school librarians working with students in Grades 3-6! Perfect for new and new-ish school librarians, this bundle includes everything you need to start your school year like a pro!*Save 30% with the Back to School Bundle! There so much in tPrice $168.00Original Price $240.00Save $72.00
- Organize your library with this Back to School Middle School Library Bundle! This bundle is perfect for new and new-ish middle school librarians. It includes your first eight library lessons, Dewey Decimal System shelf labeling, library genrefication resources, a library handbook, and much more! It'Price $174.30Original Price $249.00Save $74.70
- This Back to School Essentials bundle is made especially for school librarians working with students in Grades 3-8! Perfect for new and new-ish school librarians, this bundle includes everything you need to start your school year like a pro!***Save 30% with the bundle!***There so much in this bundlePrice $193.20Original Price $276.00Save $82.80
- Preparing to genrefy your library? This Genre Bundle includes posters, labels, signs, and four activities that will get students thinking about which genres best fit them! Most text is editable.Save 10% when you buy the bundle!FAST FACTS:Recommended for: Grades 3-6Duration: There are four lessons inPrice $49.60Original Price $62.00Save $12.40
- This Genre Bundle includes nine genre-based library lessons and activities for middle school. It's great for genre units, genrefied libraries, and back to school. *Some of the resources listed in this bundle are also included in my Secondary Back-to-School Essentials Bundle. If you already purchasedPrice $65.60Original Price $82.00Save $16.40
Thinking about genrefying your library? Update your genrefied shelves with this set of 31 genre shelf labels. This set is designed save you time and help make your library shelves colorful and easy to navigate. All labels are 100% editable in PPT, Google Slides, and PDF formats.
This set of Library Genre Shelf Labels is compatible with my
- Recommended for: all grade levels
- Editable: YES, it's 100% editable, including the images!
- Formats: PDF, Google Slides, and PowerPoint (you only need one of these formats to use this product)
- You will also need: printer, cardstock (white or colored), something to attach the labels to
- Note that this is a library labeling resource and .
- You will need something to make the library shelf labels stand up on the shelves.
- I personally use clear, acrylic magazine file holders. The acrylic holders can be pricey, so you may find plastic or vinyl to be much cheaper. Search "magazine file holders" on Amazon for examples.
- You can also use old encyclopedias, dictionaries, or large 3-ring binders. Wrap them in colorful butcher paper to match the genre, then attach the label to the book spine.
- Includes 31 genres (mostly fiction genres)
- Every genre has 6 labels--4 are wide labels and 2 are skinny "shelf lip" labels. Both come in color for printing on white cardstock and BW for printing on colored cardstock
- Print 4 library shelf labels per page
- Also includes smaller labels for the library "shelf lip" (see preview for photo)
- All images and genres are compatible with my
- shelf labels (green arrow in cover/preview photo)-- 8.5" tall (<21.59 cm) and 2.75" wide (7 cm)
- "shelf lip" labels (red arrow in cover/preview photo)--length varies by genre name length; width is just under 1" (2.25 cm)
- I designed these to be for shorter shelves. Simply trim off the white areas to make the labels shorter. They are also 100% editable, so you can make whatever changes you need to accommodate your library shelves.
- science fiction
- historical fiction
- realistic fiction
- fairy tales
- magical realism
- short stories
- animal stories
- animal fantasy
- school stories
- narrative nonfiction
- graphic novels
- early chapter books
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.