This Library Scavenger Hunt Pack is an engaging way to teach library orientation and skills with a fun back to school theme. It includes both scavenger hunt task cards, an answer recording printable and a scavenger hunt no prep printable.
✔ 2 different levels, suitable for both lower and upper elementary
✔ SAVE TIME by laminating task cards to use over and over again
✔ Both US and UK/Australian spelling versions are included
✔ BONUS Library Scavenger Hunt printable included for a fast, no-prep activity when you are short on time
This resource includes the following materials:
· 36 back to school library scavenger hunt task cards- lower elementary
· 1 no prep printable scavenger hunt activity sheet- lower elementary
· 1 recording sheet to record scavenger hunt card answers- lower elementary
· 6 back to school library scavenger hunt task cards- upper elementary
· 1 no prep printable scavenger hunt activity sheet- upper elementary
· 1 recording sheet to record scavenger hunt card answers- upper elementary
Please note: the lower and upper elementary task cards are similar. The only difference is the upper elementary task cards ask students to answer a specific question, where as the lower cards ask the student to locate an object in the library.
- Find the fiction collection. (lower)
- Find the fiction collection. List one book title and author. (upper)
- Locate the library catalog (lower)
- Locate the library catalog. Complete 1 search. What did you look for? (upper)
How to use:
Print, laminate and cut each card.
Give each student a task card and have them find the answer in your library.
- A fun activity to do in pairs
- I also like to do this activity at the end of a lesson. I choose one student to randomly select a card, and it is their job to locate the item while we time them. See who can set a class record! A great way to end the library lesson when you are short on time.
★ Please view the product preview for more detail and activity samples!
See what other teachers had to say:
" I love that I was able to use this for all grade levels. Thank you so much!"
" A fun activity for the beginning of school. It provides a structured and organized way for kids to look at the entire library."
" I used this for my Library. It's nice because there are questions that work for both lower and upper elementary grades."
This resource is helpful for:
· Teacher Librarians
· Classroom Teachers
· Teaching Life Skills
If you like this resource you may also be interested in:
- Library Scavenger Hunt BUNDLE
- Library Scavenger Hunt Cards- Autumn/ Fall Themed
- Library No Prep Printables- Back to School Activities
Be the first to know about sales, freebies and new products:
★ Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
How to gain credit to use on future purchases:
• By leaving feedback you will gain credit to use on future purchases. Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
• Please note, this purchase is for single classroom/home use only. Multiple licences are available in my store.
✉ Please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com before leaving feedback if you have any questions or concerns.
Visit my website and sign up to receive emails and gain access to my free resource library : http://www.littlelibrarylearners.com
Connect with me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Little Library Learners