This bundle for K-5 library students includes all printable activities that can be found in three of the other packets available in my store:
Veterans Day Activities - ABC Order Sort and Bookmarks
Autumn / Fall-Themed Library Skills Printable Worksheets for Grades K-2
Autumn / Fall-Themed Library Skills Printable Resources for Grades 3-5
*PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED ANY OF THE RESOURCES ABOVE! YOU ALREADY OWN PART OF THIS PRODUCT!*
This product is a .zip file that includes all three packets in .pdf format. Within the three packets, there are activities to reinforce library skills such as library behavior and etiquette, book care, ABC order, arranging fiction books, parts of a book, and writing a Works Cited page in MLA format.
The packets contain the following activities:
1. Veterans Day ABC Order Practice - Students cut out the five branches of the U.S. Military, alphabetize them, and glue them in the correct order.
2. Veterans Day Bookmarks - Students can color this page of four black and white bookmarks.
3. "Book Care Jack-O'-Lantern Coloring Page" - Students will complete a color-by-number style activity in which proper book care procedures are colored yellow and incorrect book care procedures are colored orange.
4. "Be an Illustrator" - Students are reminded of the definition of "illustrator" and then have an opportunity to illustrate the text of a short story.
5. "Using a Title Page" - This worksheet includes an example of a title page, and then asks the students to answer some simple questions using the information provided on the sample title page.This can be used to introduce what title page is, and it also helps you to reinforce library vocabulary such as illustration, illustrator, author, and publisher.
6. "Fall ABC Order Practice" - Students write 10 fall-themed words in ABC Order.
7. "Halloween ABC Order Practice" - Students cut out five Halloween-themed words, alphabetize them, and glue them in the correct order.
8. "Don't Be Scary in the Library" - Five jack-o'-lanterns each state a choice that they made during library class, and students are asked to circle the jack-o-lanterns that made good choices.
9. "Fall in Love with Reading" - A cute fall-themed coloring page -- perfect for fast finishers or for young students to color after listening to a fun fall story.
10. Parts of a Book Vocabulary/Matching Activity: This includes one page that lists parts of a book vocabulary words and their definitions. On the matching activity page, students match 9 parts of a book vocabulary words with their definitions.
11. Parts of a Book "What am I?" task cards (w/recording sheet): Eight task cards are included - the cards describe parts of a book and ask students to identify them. I used these for a Scoot game in my school library by hanging two sets of these cards around the library and asking students to find the cards and record the correct vocabulary word described on each card.
12. Make-Your-Own Bookshelf: This worksheet includes several blank book spines, and students are asked to make a fiction bookshelf by adding authors' last names, titles, and call numbers for each book and making sure they are in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
13. Sort the Spooky Stories: This worksheet lists the titles and authors of several pretend fiction books and asks students to write them on blank book spines, making sure they are in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
14. Fix the Works Cited Page!: This worksheet includes a Works Cited page (made up of imaginary books) that is formatted incorrectly. Students are asked to redo the Works Cited page using MLA format.
May God bless you and your students! Thank you for visiting my store! :)