Library Storytime - The Color Brown - Preschool Kindergarten Library Lesson
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The Color Storytime Bundle is here! This gorgeous bundle includes 11 colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, white, and gray. Every color includes library skills, nursery rhymes, sign language, animals, foods, idioms, trivia questions, and more!MADE ESPECIALLY FOR:My LibraryPrice $52.80Original Price $66.00Save $13.20
This Color Brown Library Storytime reviews fiction and nonfiction, rhyming skills, counting syllables, a nursery rhyme, and more! Perfect for elementary librarians on the specials rotation. Includes three parts: a whole-class discussion, a scrolling slideshow, and three review slides.
My Library Storytime Lessons are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents and/or library grad students who just don't have time to create detailed storytime lessons
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 41-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of brown color-themed Recommended Reads (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Oral review of fiction and nonfiction; uses clipart dog and photo of a dog to illustrate the difference between fiction and nonfiction
- nursery rhyme ("Hot Cross Buns")
- Links to five short brown color-themed videos for kids
- “Brown” and “bear” in American Sign Language (include demo image and links to video)
- "Brown" in four languages (French, Spanish, Irish, Somali)
- identifying brown objects around the school
- Who is wearing brown today?
- 5 shades of brown
- brown is a mix of all three primary colors
- first names that mean brown
- words that rhyme (and do not rhyme) with brown
- counting / clapping syllables in "brown" and "teddy bear"
- library books with brown covers - you add your own book cover images
- brown plants and animals (special emphasis on giraffes)
- Word of the Week: “russet”
- brown idioms: "sawing logs" and "brown bag it"
- brown eyes are the most common eye color in the world
- animals that have rectangular pupils
- all animals produce waste ("poop")
- centipedes vs. millipedes: How to tell the difference
- world's oldest trees: bristlecone pine trees
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and clipart for PK-1.
- Includes blackline clipart from Part II of the presentation (the scrolling slideshow).
- Students can color the images from the scrolling slideshow.
- All images are labeled with the names of each object.
- Includes picture books and nonfiction for PreK-Grade 1.
- All titles are brown-themed!
- total of 25 picture book and nonfiction titles
- includes small images from the presentation
- titles are , so you can customize the books included for your library
- All titles were hand-selected by a veteran school librarian for quality, diversity, positive professional reviews, and currency.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.