This library skills game is intended as a mid-year practice in locating books in the library either by using the online catalog or using the call number given. The theme is the Super Bowl to make the practice fun and engaging. You could print the needed cards and use the cards for a minimally-themed game without a football field, or go all out by making a football field, dressing as a referee, having some pom-poms and more. You decide what is best for the time you have and your students. Included in the packet...
1. Directions of what is needed for set up.
2. Directions for how I played the game. You can change rules to suit your style.
3. Game cards (36) for use in practicing online catalog and location on shelves.
4. Game cards (48) for use in practicing without online catalog. Just the call numbers.
5. Templates for a scoreboard.
6. Template for a goal post.
It is uploaded as a PowerPoint and completely editable to customize for your library collection.
Have fun playing up the game and getting practice for your students.