Students cut apart squares that represent the stages in a killer whale's life, glue them together with a piece of string, and then suspend them from an embroidery hoop or a loop make from construction paper.
Choose from blackline, color images, or blank squares for students to draw each image. Choose from English text or Spanish text.
Quick and easy!
This activity could be used in a unit created to meet NGSS 3-LS1-1♦.
Like this product? Here's all the life cycle mobiles you can find in our store: FROGS
, and CATS
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
♦ 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR MARINE MAMMALS
• An Introduction to Marine Mammals
• All About Marine Mammals
• More About Marine Mammals
• Whale Predator Game
• Whale Review Spinner
• Food Chain Mobile for a Killer Whale
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Killer Whale
• Whale I Have Who Has Game
• Make a Killer Whale Map for Puget Sound
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the US West Coast
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the World