This Life Cycle of Stars S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Station activity includes activities covering the different stages in the life cycles of small to medium, high, and extremely high mass stars. This lab is designed to get your students engaged, collaborating, and moving in your daily lesson. Each station provides a different method for reinforcing important science content. All stations correlate to a task that is represented by a letter in the word SCIENCE. These stations will have students Summarize, Create, Interpret, Experiment, Navigate, Challenge, and Extend. You may choose to have your students work independently, with partners, or in small groups. All S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Stations are versatile and designed to be used in all of these scenarios. Upon completion of the stations, students will also reflect on the activity to communicate their level of understanding of the life cycle of stars.
SAVE $$! This resource is also included in our Space S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Stations Bundle!
This download includes the following:
-Teacher Guide for implementing S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Stations (PRINT and READ FIRST)
-S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Station Signage
-General Directions for students
-Teacher Setup for specific stations
-7 station activities
-Student recording sheet and answer key
-Color and B&W options for all printable materials
The Experiment Station
will require the following materials from your science lab:
-Resealable plastic bag for cutouts
-Detailed teacher setup instructions with pictures are included.
Note – It is important to have multiple setups of materials at this station. Pictures of materials are shown in the Teacher Guide.
Descriptions of the 7 S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Stations included are as follows:Summarize
– Students will read an article relating to a specific science concept. After reading the article, students will write a brief summary of the main ideas and key concepts contained in the article.
– Students will create a “graffiti wall” that will include words, phrases, pictures, diagrams, and/or icons to represent a specific science concept. Each student or group of students will add to the existing creation at this station.
– Students will interpret graphs, data tables, charts, diagrams, and/or pictures in order to answer a series of questions.
– Students will conduct a quick experiment or hands-on activity in order to demonstrate a specific science concept.
– Students will navigate through a card activity in order to decipher a code of symbols, numbers, and/or letters.
– Students will complete a challenge of digital BOOM Cards™ using computers, laptops, tablets, phones, or any electronic device with a modern web browser.
– Students will extend their knowledge of a specific science concept. Students will answer questions to provoke deeper thought of the real world applications of science.
S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Stations Suggestions for Use
• Use at the end of a unit of study to gauge student understanding
• Use as an assessment activity
• Use in tutorials or student pullouts for struggling learners
• Use as a review or reteach activity
• Use to increase overall student engagement
Other products you may like:
Science Task Card Bundle – Includes Digital BOOM Cards™
Science Interactive Notebook Bundle
Science Warm-Up and Homework Bundle
Science Exit Ticket Bundle
© Copyright The Science Duo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.