Also included in
- Get a jump on your life cycles unit with this LIFE CYCLES BUNDLE PACK featuring butterflies, frogs, chickens and ladybugs! Your students will love using these sorting picture cards, printables and activities! Over 200 pages in all! This is a great addition to your Life Cycle curriculum and will add$22.00$32.00Save $10.00
- Here is it! ALL of my LIFE SCIENCE units together in a discounted bundle!Save 30% by purchasing the bundle!LIFE SCIENCE bundle includes:Living and Non-Living ThingsLiving and Non-Living Things PowerPointFood ChainsFood Chains PowerPointAnimal Characteristics PowerPointAnimals Label the PicturePlants$68.00$96.00Save $28.00
Your students will think you're egg-cellent when you introduce these Life Cycle of a Chicken sorting picture cards, printables and activities!
Over 60 pages in all! This is a great addition to your Life Cycle curriculum and will add discovery and excitement to your Science Center!
What other teachers have said about this product:
- "There are quite a few products similar to this one so I let my kiddos pick which one they wanted. Loved this product. It aligned well as our classroom hatched chicks."
- "This packet is FULL of amazing things to use with my students! They are already so excited to hatch eggs, and I know they will love these too! Thank you!!"
- "My kiddos LOVED the observation journal and the life cycle activities!"
- "AWESOME resource!! Perfectly compliments my literacy activities I use with the book, Chickens Aren't the Only Ones. Thank you so much :-)"
- "This is an awesome resource! I paired it with "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick" and my students have been going chick crazy ever since! Thank you!"
Be sure to check out my other Life Cycle units!
Please click the PREVIEW button above for a detailed look at this unit!
The Life Cycle of a Chicken unit includes:
A great addition to your science center! Students can put the life cycle stages in order and complete any one of the included printables. Sorting cards come in two versions, real-life chicken life cycle pictures and realistic clip art pictures. Both sets come with and without picture labels. Also includes full-size, color life cycle poster that could be used as a reference in your science center (2 versions), black and white life cycle stages student printable for science journals, sorting header cards (2 versions) and life cycle arrows for sequencing the stages.
2 versions of the life cycle book are included. You can use the full-size, color version to read to your class as a whole group activity or keep it in your classroom library. The black and white student versions can be kept in their science journals or completed as an activity in the science center. You can make the student copies interactive by having students highlight, circle or box key life cycle vocabulary words with crayons, colored pencils or highlighters.
Life cycle graphic organizers
Sequencing life cycle stages
Chicken life cycle ABC order
Label the parts of a chicken
Label the parts of an egg
Chicken life cycle flap book (2 versions, with and without labels)
Chickens vs Chicks venn diagram
Find and color chicken life cycle stages
Life cycle sequencing graphic organizers (first, second, third, last)
Describe each stage of life cycle and draw a picture of it (2 versions)
Draw a picture of a chicke and a chick and describe how they are alike.
Describe the changes a chicken goes through during its life cycle
Draw a diagram of the chicken life cycle and write 3 facts you know about chickens
Chicken themed writing paper (primary and regular lined versions)
"My Egg Observation Journal" students will love recording their daily observations in this egg-shaped journal
"What's Hatchin' Chick?" - Students draw/describe what happened when the chicks started to hatch (primary and regular lined paper)
"3 Things I learned about Hatching Chicks"
"My favorite part of hatching chicks was..."
Other products you may also be interested in:
***Be the first to know about sales, freebies and new product launches:
*Look for the green star next to my store picture and click it to follow my store. You're now my newest follower and will receive updates about this store. :)
Thanks for looking!
©SheilaMelton. All of the activities included in this unit are the intellectual properties of Sheila Melton. This resource is for classroom use and is intended for the purchaser. Duplication for other classes, by other teachers or for use in wide distribution such as a school district or on the internet, is strictly forbidden unless multiple licenses are obtained. You may not re-sell or claim this product as your own. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).