Pre-K – 2nd Grade
1.Complete a prior knowledge assessment. Toward the top of poster board or your white board write “K-W-L”. With vertical lines separating each letter. Ask what the children know (K) and want to know (W). You will complete the learned (L), after the lesson.
2.If it’s still appropriate learning, have the students read the My Little Seed: What plant will it be? book with you.
3.Students complete the book, read and discuss it.
4.Complete the K-W-L chart with the children, What did they learn (under L)?
Folding Instructions for the Mini Book:
This book is convenient, because it does not require staples.
1. Cut on the dotted…. lines around the edges.
2. Fold on the gray, solid line, so you see the
text and pictures.
3. Cut the center, dotted ….. line.
4. Open and fold in half the opposite way,
(pg. 1 back-to-back with the cover & page 4
back-to-back with page 5.)
5. Make a fan fold and then open again.
6. Fold the dotted pages so they are open,
like a diamond.
7. Push the diamond closed, so the cover is
on the front and the last page is on the back.