Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to teach life cycles to students? These science units are the perfect companion for your life cycle units.
Who would LOVE this product?
Teachers who need ideas for teaching life cycles in their classroom.
What is included in this bundle?
This bundle includes 3 life cycle units:
- Explanation of the 5E's of Instructions
- Two options for completing the research on Monarch butterflies
- Option #1 provides a scaffolded approach for students to do the research.
- Students will write facts found from a website
- Cut and paste sheet to show what students know about the life cycle
- Label the parts of a butterfly
- Option #2 provides a less scaffolded approach for students to demonstrate what they know about Monarch butterflies
- Students will be asked to elaborate on what they learned by writing a report on the topic.
- Included are planning sheets and writing papers for Google Drive or print
- Links to Google Drive Resources
What You're Getting Inside This Resource:
- Link to Google Site™ with four activities
- Lock #1 - Students read a passage and answer questions in a Google Form.
- Lock #2 - Students drag a vocabulary word to match the definition in a Google Slides presentation.
- Lock #3 - Students put together a digital puzzle to unlock the clue.
- Lock #4 - Students show what they know about the life cycle of a frog.
There are two ways to share the digital science escape room:
- Via a Google Site with links to all activities
- Option #2 allows you to create an escape room, so you have access to the Google Form spreadsheet
You will also receive
- Certificate of Completion for Students
- QR Code and bit.ly link to get students to the escape room
- Recording Sheet
- Hint Cards
- FAQ's and Video Tutorials about the Escape Room
This packet includes 11 cards students scan to learn more about the following animals using the app Flipgrid:
- the life cycle of a bat
- the life cycle of a butterfly
- the life cycle of a grasshopper
- the life cycle of a dragonfly
- the life cycle of a chick
- the life cycle of a frog
These science resources are designed to help you implement these units with confidence and ease. The ideas and strategies in these lessons have helped me over the years and I am confident will help you, too!
Common Core State Standards
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,