The Circle of Life notebook includes fun, interactive activities about the life cycles of plants and animals. It encourages your students to stay organized while focusing on the key concepts aligned to the second grade Georgia Performance Science Standards.
The notebook is made of nine student pages with five additional interactive template pages to complete the activities. It also includes a summative performance task where student can display the skills learned. Lastly, you get eleven completed teacher guide pages to help you!
*Idea: I love to have a manila folder for each student for these awesome interactive notebooks. I run off the student title page on bright paper and have the students glue it to the front of the manila folder. The other pages are then stapled inside. I have the students use the back of the manila folder as a glossary for unit vocabulary terms and the front of the manila folder for key facts and notes! When it comes time to study for the end of unit test the students have a complete review packet!
The Circle of Life Notebook Includes:
1. Key Concepts (IB Related Concepts for a KWL Chart)
2. Bean Plant Experiment (Familiarizes students with the scientific method)
3. Observation Log (9 days of observations of bean plant)
4. Parts of Plant (Review of function and name of plant parts)
5. Butterfly Life Cycle (Interactive graphic organizer and picture description)
6. Frog Life Cycle (Interactive graphic organizer and picture description)
7. Mammal and Bird Life Cycle (Label and picture description of each phase)
8. How Seasons Change (Interactive student creation)
9. Show What You Know (Summative performance task on the human life cycle with rubric included)
10. Five student template pages to complete the pages listed above.
11. Nine teacher guide pages that includes the answers and possible responses.