Life Cycles of Animals – A 4th Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
This lesson focuses on an introduction to the life cycles of animals. It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable activities.
The presentation includes:
• Vocabulary (life cycle, life span, metamorphosis, clone, heredity, inherited behavior, instinct, and learned behavior).
• An introduction to the stages of life
• Life span explained
• Complete and incomplete metamorphosis
• Single parent reproduction (budding and regeneration)
• Two parent reproduction (egg, sperm, embryo) NON GRAPHIC/NON EXPLICIT
• Inherited traits, Inherited behaviors, and learned behaviors
There are two interactive editable activities that are included in the presentation. These activities are also included in PDF files to print out and issue as classwork or homework.
• Activity one has students moving/labeling parts and steps of incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
• Activity two has students moving inherited traits, inherited behaviors, and learned behaviors into correct categories.