This project enables students to explore a particular memory in their lives and revisit it in vivid detail. It can serve as a launching point for further study of memoirs and narrative writing.
• Instructions for Life Map Project
• Show, Don’t Tell PowerPoint and Smart Notebook Document
• Show, Don’t Tell novel excerpts
• EQS PDF and Smart Notebook Document
• EQS Sheet for peer editing
This serves as a wonderful introductory activity for the first few weeks of school that will get students used to writing, seeing writing as a process, and used to the writing workshop model.