Turn your dramatic play into an engaging time out at sea with an adventure on the water! All you need to do is to build a boat as a class with blocks, classroom supplies or construct one with cardboard and this dramatic play will be an adventure for all your students! There are supports included for classes who teach with an inquiry approach!
This pack includes everything that you will need to set up!
• Can you help us?: A page to fill out by making a list of supplies needed to make this center. This can be used to ask parents to bring in donations.
• This is what I already know: A sheet for students to draw or write about what they know!
• This is what I have learned: A page for students to summarize their learning.
• Price List: 3 different price options available in color and black & white
• Tickets choices: One Way or Round Trip (color & black and white option included)
• 10 pages of labels for writing or labeling items in dramatic play
• 2 Passport options for students to document where they have traveled
• World Traveler Checklist: Students can check off different landmarks they have seen/visited in their travels (color & black and white option included)
• Letter organizers for a variety of different writing abilities
• Post Card printables to send letters home to family and friends
• 2 American & 2 Canadian Stamp page options
• 1 coloring page for fun
• Boat Design Challenge: Draw/invent your own boat
• Boat video links: 7 links to videos for students to learn about boats and do research.
• Build a Boat Challenge: Items are listed which you can provide for students to create a boat, a list of extra building materials and four different challenges are included for you to challenge students while building a boat!
• Inquiry page for independent student research: What lives in the ocean?
• Inquiry page for independent student research: Who works on a boat?
• A sailors hat with instructions for how to make them.
• Décor for dramatic play: windows, anchor, sea life
Cut these out to use or consider using these as a guide for students to create their own.
• Pennants for display: “All Aboard!”
Let students take the lead for their adventure and set up of the dramatic play area. Consider visiting different places and learning about different places around the world where you can travel by boat!
Want to see more? Take some time to explore!
♦ Alphabet Activities
♦ Phonics Activities
♦ Reading Activities
♦ Write the Room
♦ Sight Word Activities
♦ Poem of the Week
♦ Writing Activities
I appreciate you taking the time to preview this item. If you have a problem or find a discrepancy I would LOVE if you would email me at email@example.com before leaving a rating.