Life Science Centers / Lab Stations Bundle - Cross-curricular STEAM Activities
This is a GROWING bundle we anticipate to be completed by December 2016
which will include ALL of our STEAM stations. It is significantly discounted at this time and will increase after completion so purchase now to get in while the price is low.
*Timeframes are subject to change slightly but completing this product is our top priority*
With science as the primary background subject, students will learn life science units by using Social Studies (which includes history, current events and geography), Technology (computers and engineering), ELA (reading and writing), the Arts (music, art, PE/dance and debate), and Math. These print and go, low-to-no prep Science Circuit Stations are easy to implement with a few household items and provide a method for teaching life science that shows how science concepts flow across the curricula and are relatable in all aspects of life. It is important that students complete these stations with some background knowledge of the topic of study as theses are not intended as an introductory lesson.
Our STEAM stations are great for enrichment, differentiation, assessment, group activities, mini-labs, and more! Each unit includes directions for each activity, answer keys, station signs, and student answer sheets.
This Cross-Curricular Science Circuit Station Bundle and the following student-led stations:
As an explorer, students engage in Social Studies, Geography, and History as they learn about current events, historical figures and events, etc.
Students use a computer, smart phone, ipad or other electronic device to research related topics.
This station entails students taking on the role of engineering, designing, building, assembling, and/or experimenting with manipulatives.
At this station, students write a response to a question or problem.
Students answer questions related to a reading passage .
For this station, students get their creative juices flow as they participate in one of the many arts
Students use their math skills to answer science related math problems
An assessment piece that aligns with the lessons included in the Science Circuit
Cross-Curricular Science Circuit Station pack (anticipate it to be completed by December 31, time permitting)
will include SEVEN station bundles with over 40 station sets aligned to NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) covering:
CELLS - ORGANELLES & PROCESSES
- Cell Organelles
- Cell Comparison
- prokaryotic, eukaryotic, plant and animal
- Cell Theory, Cell Discovery, Microscopes
- Photosynthesis and Respiration
- Moving Cellular Materials
- osmosis, diffusion, endocytosis and exocytosis
- Cells - Reproduction
- mitosis and the cell cycle
: COMPLETED JULY 2016
- Ecology Introduction
- Levels of organization, biotic and abiotic factors, and the needs of living things
- Ecology Energy Transfer
- Food chains, food webs and energy pyramids
- Ecological Interactions Among Living Things
- Symbiotic relationships, predator prey relationships, niches, and competition
- Land Biomes
- Terrestrial biomes (desert, grassland, tundra, and forests), animal adaptations, and reading topographic maps
- Water Biomes
- freshwater and marine biomes, ocean zones, invasive lionfish, and more
- Cycles in Nature
- primary and secondary succession, and carbon, water, and nitrogen cycles
- Human Impact
the 3 r's, renewable and non-renewable resources, global warming, and invasive species.
: COMPLETED August 2016
- Steps of the Scientific Method
- Steps of the scientific method, variables, constants, and hypotheses
- Scientific theory and law
- Observation, inference, prediction, law, theory, and hypotheses
- Lab equipment and lab safety
- measuring equipment, safety equipment, lab safety measures and precautions
- Metric system and metric conversion
- measurement, metric conversion, and the metric system
- Tables & Graphs
- creating and interpreting tables and graphs
covering all body systems: COMPLETED October 2016
- Integumentary System
- Muscular & Skeletal Systems
- Digestive System
- Circulatory & Lymphatic Systems
- Respiratory & Urinary Systems
- Nervous System
- Reproductive & Endocrine Systems
(male and female)
- Punnett Squares & Mendelian Inheritance
- Non-Mendelian Inheritance
- DNA Discovery & Composition
- Protein Synthesis
- Genetic engineering & selective breeding
- Pedigrees, mutations, and genetic diseases
- Darwin, the Galapagos islands, and Darwin's finches
- Adaptations and Mutation & Types of camouflage
- Natural Selection, the industrial revolution, and the peppered moth
- Evidence of Evolution & Radioactive Dating, Geologic time scale
- Levels of classification, binomial nomenclature, and Carolus Linnaeus
- Dichotomous keys and cladograms
- Bacteria - Eubacteria and Archaebacteria
- Invertebrate & Vertebrate animals
Adding in the future:
- Classification: Viruses
- Genetics: Meiosis
- Cells: Biochemicals
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
• Life Science Interactive Notebook Bundle
which includes ALL of our Life Science INB Activity Packs.
• Life Science Interactive Notebook Complete Bundle
which has all of our Life Science and Biology INB Activity Packs, Task Cards, and Word Walls to supplement your instruction.
• Life Science Task Cards
• Life Science Word Wall
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action. Clipart and other elements within our products are copyrighted and cannot be used on its own without permission or license.
Life Science & Biology Bundle: Cross-Curricular STEAM Circuits Science Stations by © 2016 Getting Nerdy. All rights reserved.