A fun way for students to review for the final (or end of year testing) is to create a board game. This attachment includes everything you'll need to set up and evaluate a board game over the 7th grade science Georgia Performance Standards (classification, cells, genetics/heredity, human body, ecology, biomes, evolution). It's easy to modify for your own standards, though.
The attachment includes:
- Instruction sheet with clear expectations
- Rubric for the board game
- List of topics groups choose from (first come first served or you assign it- see below)
- Peer review form
- Student choice sheet (see below)
1. Have a big mailing envelope for each group to keep their game pieces, cards, etc. in so items don't get lost or "stolen"
2. Let students choose their top three favorite topics prior to assigning the board game project. Take student interest and personalities (you know who works well with whom at the end of the year) when creating groups. This is a wonderful way to differentiate based on interest and ability!