In groups students will work together to create a Cartesian plane and place various positive and negative slopes on it.
You will need to clear some wall space in your classroom for this activity! I have students create a 2m by 2m Cartesian Plane. It adds colour to the room and displays their learning really nicely.
Skills that will be activated in this activity
- Identifying rise and run
- Calculating slope using formulas
- Calculating grades
- Understanding the relationship between slopes and grades
- Plotting Cartesian points
- Reducing fractions to their simplest forms
- Graphing lines on a Cartesian plane given slopes and points
What is included
- Instructions for teacher and students
- 9 task cards
- A key of what the final product for each group should look like
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.
Thanks for taking a look at my products! Want to see more? Click the link to see my shop!
The Math Path