Learning to respect others is an important social and life skill, which is linked to success. Many students struggle with respecting others because they have not been taught the importance of respect and/or how to properly respect others. This learning package focuses on teaching this valuable skill in an easy and effective manner.
Objectives: Students will be able to
• Define respect and what it means to respect others.
• Explain why respect is important and the benefits of respecting others.
• Explain how best to respect others.
• Define the meaning of the “Golden Rule”
2) Detailed lesson plan.
3) A Lesson From a 7th Grader; Reading comprehension and analysis.
4) What Does Respect Mean to You; Worksheet
5) What is Respect?; Reading comprehension worksheet.
6) Why is Respecting Others Important?; Reading comprehension worksheet.
7) How Can You Respect Others? Reading comprehension worksheet.
8) Essay Assignment: Worksheet
9) Assessment; Multiple choice, true or false, and fill-in.
Some other effective lessons are:
Social Skills, TAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Social Skills, PERSONAL SPACE
GREETING OTHERS; OPENING THE DOOR TO COMMUNICATION
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.
Michael K. Powell