Life Skills work task for middle school and high school students with autism to promote independent reading skills using a high-interest reading strategy and preferred topic – CARS! Perfect for our students who struggle with reading by providing a fun reading activity, sure to keep them focused and on-task. This is a wonderful life skills work task for all students with special learning needs.
Key Reading Skills:
• Color Words
• Make of Car (manufacturer)
• Model of Car
• Year of Car
• Recognition of Car Manufacturer Logo (helps promote symbol recognition using high-interest strategies)
• 20 “Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale” receipts containing key details to identifying a car (Color of Car, Make, Model, and Year)
• 20 Picture/Word Response Cards containing a real life image of a car, manufacturer’s logo, make, model, and year of car
• 4 individual activity book covers showing teens and young adults. Each book will contain five pages.
SUGGESTED IEP GOAL ALIGNMENT:
Given an activity which requires identifying key details within text, STUDENT will select the correct response card by reading, scanning, or matching to the correct description, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 consecutive opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
TO SEE MORE LIFE SKILLS WORK TASK BASKET ACTIVITIES, CLICK HERE!
Copyright © AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Find us on PINTEREST by clicking here!
Find us on FACEBOOK by clicking here!
Find us on INSTAGRAM by clicking here!