| Life Skills Reading | Writing | Newspaper | Real World | Unit 2 |
Newspaper are one of those documents that can help students practice real world skills without stepping one foot outside of the classroom! My students are extremely motivated to read newspaper because (1) they are functional, (2) relevant, (3) and give them the self-esteem they need to become better readers in the classroom!
I have organized fun, engaging activities for you and your students to practice newspaper skills with! Save hours of prep work and buy this unit to get your kids ready to be newspaper masters!
**Before using this unit in class, make sure students have access to newspapers (either in paper or digitally online) so they can complete the worksheets**
- 1 design your own newspaper cover
- 3 "What Does That Word Mean?" worksheets (6 questions total)
- 1 classified ad: pets worksheet students will fill out using a newspaper ad
- 2 classified ads: items for sale worksheet students will fill out using a newspaper ad
- 1 classified ad: jobs worksheet students will fill out using a newspaper ad
- 1 classified ad: real estate worksheet students will fill out using a newspaper ad
- 1 news article reflection activity where students will use an article of their choice and answer comprehension questions on it
- 3 create your own comics worksheets
- 1 faux newspaper article with 7 comprehension questions
- 2 newspaper index comprehension questions (12 questions total)
- 1 newspaper vocabulary word search
- 1 newspaper vocabulary crossword puzzle
- Newspapers, Unit 1: Click Here!
- Newspapers, Unit 2: Click Here!
- Want Them Both?: Click Here!
Need Other Popular Life Skills Lessons?
Recipe Comprehension:Click Here!
Coupons, Reading Emphasis: Click Here!
Food Directions: Click Here!
Medicine Labels: Click Here!
Receipts: Click Here!
Tickets: Click Here!
Hours of Operation: Click Here!
Safety Signs, Community Signs: Click Here!
Dollar Up, 1s, 5s, and 10s: Click Here!
Menu Math:Click Here!
How to Use a Microwave:Click Here!
How to Use a Stove:Click Here!
How to Use an Oven:Click Here!
Coupons, Picture Emphasis:Click Here!
Bus Schedules:Click Here!
Measuring Cups:Click Here!
Generic vs. Name Brand:Click Here!
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Life Skills Creations on the top of my store page. You will be one of the first people to know when I have a sale or post new Life Skills Freebies in my store.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits!
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!