PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Life skills are those skills needed for independent living, and include a variety of daily living, job, and community living skills. Language is easily built through these routine tasks, where the vocabulary, sequence, and descriptions are consistent and repetitive.
This resource can help provide additional decontextualized practice in identifying what to do, what not to do, and predicting what could happen.
• This activity resource provides instruction and practice in sorting the laundry, and predicting what will happen if washed incorrectly.
• There are two sorting activities for sorting laundry; by whites/colors and by water temperature used.
• There are also 20 task cards for predicting what will happen if you mix colors/whites and
• 20 task cards for what happens if you use the wrong water temperature.
• There is an additional sorting mat for Bad/Ok outcomes for students who have difficulty formulating a verbal response.
• There are also now (as of 6-2016) 23 new clip cards for additional practice for telling correct water temperature for specific items/fabrics and
• a laundry room scene with 8 cards for students to tell where specific items belong in the laundry room.
Check out my other life skills resources found in my store here