| Time | Telling Time | Elapsed Time | Time Phrases | Life Skills |
Time is one of those real world concepts that many students struggle with. Since telling time involves many, many smaller skills (counting, sequencing, distinguishing hour hand from minute hand, knowing when to use the numbers for fours vs minutes, etc.), kids especially in special education have a hard time keeping up.
I have designed this packet to address these weaknesses. They are also scaffolded to support instruction, and naturally differentiated to address increasingly difficult concepts in a very natural manner.
With this download, you will be getting access to UNIT FOUR
of my time series.
This unit focuses on elapsed time and time phrases. Since this is quite a difficult topic for many students to understand, each step is scaffolded with specific strategies along the way. It has worked really well in my classroom and I hope it will in yours as well!
- 4 pages showing how to use the sample strategy (big mountains and little mountains) to figure out elapsed time
- 12 questions on elapsed time, HOURS practice
- 12 questions on elapsed time, INTERVALS OF 5 practice
- 1 color copy of elapsed time game board
- 1 black and white copy of elapsed time game board
- 1 color answer key
- 1 black and white answer key
- 2 full page printouts for time phrases
- 1 cut and paste time phrases activity
- 2 time phrases scaffolded worksheet SAMPLE activities
- 10 scaffolded worksheets for time phrases practice
- 20 independent practice time phrase practice
Interested in Other Time Activities?
Time, Unit 1: Click Here!
Time, Unit 2: Click Here!
Time, Unit 3: Click Here!
Time, Unit 4: Click Here!
Time, Unit 5: Click Here!
Want Them All? Click Here!
Need Other Popular Life Skills Lessons?
Recipe Comprehension:Click Here!
Coupons, Reading Emphasis: Click Here!
Food Directions: Click Here!
Medicine Labels: Click Here!
Receipts: Click Here!
Tickets: Click Here!
Hours of Operation: Click Here!
Safety Signs, Community Signs: Click Here!
Dollar Up, 1s, 5s, and 10s: Click Here!
Menu Math:Click Here!
How to Use a Microwave:Click Here!
How to Use a Stove:Click Here!
How to Use an Oven:Click Here!
Coupons, Picture Emphasis:Click Here!
Bus Schedules:Click Here!
Measuring Cups:Click Here!
Generic vs. Name Brand:Click Here!
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Life Skills Creations on the top of my store page. You will be one of the first people to know when I have a sale or post new Life Skills Freebies in my store.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits!
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!