This file contains a zipped folder with:
Tests and their answer keys for all four seasons/sections of the book, AND the student study guide is also included.
MORE ABOUT THE TESTS:
-The tests heavily cover literary devices and figurative language, plus: inferencing, cause and effect, and characterization. The forth test for "Winter" is a summative assessment that covers: literary devices and story elements.
- The test are formatted with: matching, multiple choice, short answer, one bonus per test over the designated "independent reading chapters" and one longer essay (on the summative).
-On all of the tests, the short answer section is differentiated with: student choice (i.e. the students choose which 3 out of 6 questions they will answer) and sentence stems for answering the short answer questions.
MORE ABOUT THE STUDY GUIDE:
-This study guide has everything you need to get started with the novel, Life As We Knew It. The booklet includes: a table of contents (including spaces for students to track test scores for each section of the book).
- Chart of literary devices and the definitions, and a student tracking sheet for literary devices (with examples!)
- Discussion questions for each chapter.
- A graphic organizer for each season/section of the book (that reviews summary, story elements and theme)
- Glossary of tricky vocabulary words
- Ideas for differentiated projects (with a student accountability sheet so that the teacher can manage students working on different projects at the same time!)
*Upload the 15 page preview file!