The following is a one-day (60 minute period) common core-based lesson on China during the rule of Mao Zedong. This lesson contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Mao’s Little Red Book
• Great Leap Forward
• Cultural Revolution
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• Letters from China activity
• Paragraph writing activity
• Link to video clip with questions.
• Enormous amounts of discussion opportunities
• Almost 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this product. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!