Learning about how our country started is a must in every class curriculum. But many of the concepts are abstract for special learners. This resource contains language-based materials to use with the book: "…if you lived in Colonial Times" by Ann McGovern.
The materials can, however, stand on their own without the book.
• Explanation of the resource and how to use it
• Time line sequence
• 20 page Interactive book
• Vocabulary cards and Colonial jobs
• Compare/contrast then and now
• 2 cloze worksheets
• Matching jobs
• “If I lived then” writing/drawing activity
• 3 scenes with Wh-questions and data sheet
You may make a copy for each child in YOUR class. Please do not copy for other classes/teachers/families.
You might like some of my other book adaptations as well as clinician written books for informational text. You'll find some HERE I dig Rocks
and HERE The Tiny Seed