Also included in
- Human Space Exploration - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need to teach a unit on Human Space Exploration. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. The included lesson has been full$14.97$28.97Save $14.00
Life in outer space - meeting how humans meet their needs. This lesson is a look at how humans are affected in outer space and what needs to be provided and done, to meet their basic needs. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check student understanding, 15 videos, Predict/Observe/Explain activity as well as a document that follows the presentation. The lesson is fun and applicable with 15 videos embedded into the presentation and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion. Most of the videos were created aboard the International Space Station and answer many questions such as how astronauts shower, eat, and many more common questions.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
- "Great intro to sometimes tricky expectations to cover at the kids' level."
- "Great lesson on everyday life in space. Should be very attention-grabbing for students."
- "detailed and huge time save for a very tired teacher. Students loved the videos. "
- "My students really enjoyed this!"
- "Fantastic unit."
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions included
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- 15 videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Human Space Exploration - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Human space history
- The International Space Station
- Obtaining O2 and removing CO2
- Eating in space
- Sleeping in space
- Showering and using the bathroom in space
- Experiments in space
- Getting sick in space
- The negative effects of microgravity
- Long-term solutions to life in space
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to ecological interactions.
- "This looks amazing. Thank you for putting this extensive package together. "
- "Great powerpoint. This had a lot of informations and the students found it very interesting. Thank you for your hard work."
- "Amazing and detailed. Great resource!"
- "This is amazing!!"
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
More Buyer Comments:
- "This was an excellent unit!"
- "Great resource!! Thank you for sharing your creativity and hard work with others."
- "This was so great!
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.